I used spiral-sliced, or spiralized, zucchini to create the noodles and tossed it with crispy pancetta, sweet peas, and my dairy-free pesto sauce. To finish off the dish with a little creamy tartness, I sprinkled on some dairy-free ricotta I found at Whole Foods the other day. It’s almond based, and very similar to my dairy-free ricotta cheese recipe that can be found on page of my Against all Grain cookbook. The ease of buying it though rather than soaking nuts overnight is quite appealing, and I think the flavor is a little better than mine!
We use zucchini noodles, or zoodles, all the time and love them as a low-carb pasta alternative.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins TOTAL TIME: 27 mins
- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced
- 4 large zucchini, spiralized using blade C
- 1/4 cup Dairy-Free Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup dairy-free Ricotta Cheese (Kitehill from Whole Foods is great, or use the homemade version from page 304 of my cookbook Against all Grain!)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until crisp.
- Add the zucchini noodles and sauté for 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Stir in the pesto sauce and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the thawed peas.
- Divide between serving dishes and top with crumbled cheese and a sprig of fresh basil
Thanks Danielle Walker for the recipe.