So this is about as easy as it gets to eat healthy. And I guarantee that if you make this at home or bring it to a party you’re going to be a superstar. And it’s super easy to make. Seriously, it should take like 10 or 15 minutes to knock this out. Maybe more if you want to get all crazy creative with knife skills.
Got kids? Get them to help you! At a minimum they can peel the bananas and the oranges. If you trust them with a butter knife, they can cut the bananas and the strawberries. And there are some great upside to getting the kiddos involved-
- Kids are much more likely to eat foods they help prepare
- You’ll be teaching them some beginning knife skills
- They’ll learn that great food doesn’t need to come out of a box
- This is a beautiful salad that they’ll proud of
Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe
2 ripe organic bananas
3 organic mandarin oranges, peel and section
4 organic kiwis peeled and sliced
1 lb of organic pineapple diced
6 oz of organic blackberries
12 oz of organic blueberries
1 lb of organic strawberries sliced
Honey Lime Dressing
1/4 cup of organic honey
2 tsp organic lime zest
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Directions For Bringing It All Together
- Mix all of the fruit in a bowl. Hint: Use a bigger bowl than you think you’ll need to keep ingredients from falling out while mixing. The best way to mix is to use your (super clean washed) hands. Be gentle to keep the fruit from breaking up.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice and lime zest. Taste the dressing (always taste!) before adding it to the salad. If you think it needs a little more zing or more sweetness now is the time to make your adjustments.
- Pour Honey lime dressing over fruit and toss (with your hands) until the fruit is evenly covered!
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Can’t find an ingredient?
If you can’t find an ingredient or you’d rather focus on local seasonal fruits, adjust to your hearts content! Don’t stress on the getting the perfect ratios mentioned above- It’s just a FRUIT SALAD! Have fun, experiment.
Thanks Eat Local Grown for the delicious recepie